Since the Kansas Farmers Union’s goal is a safe food supply, for all consumers we support the following:
- Ban BSE presumptive positive animals from the human food supply.
- Ban imports of live animals and processed meat without documented labeling and verification.
- Ban all ruminant meat protein products for feed.
- Implement a voluntary, affordable and workable national animal identification program implemented and administered by the federal government, and not by a private entity.
- Implement a fully funded Country of Origin Labeling (COOL).
- Label processed feedstuffs.
- Review the food processing system and add additional inspection.
- Provide incentives for a more decentralized packing industry and food system.