Think Outside the Box: IOWA BUS TOUR
July 16, 2018 @ 8:00 am - July 17, 2018 @ 7:00 pm CDT| $40.00 – $100.00
It’s a great time to explore options with agriculture!
The ‘Thinking Outside the Box’ farm tour series spotlights farms doing things differently. Whether it’s reducing inputs and focusing on soil health in row crops; bringing diversification back to the farm; or exploring marketing opportunities that add value and allow the farmer to enhance market returns on their investment, you’ll be inspired to see new options.
Visit three Iowa farms with decades of experience leading the way in innovative production and marketing strategies.
- Farm Sweet Farm Harlan IA Ron Rosmann’s 700-acre farm is known for its diversification, direct marketing, and research & experimentation. Certified organic since 1994, they raise corn, soy, small grains, popcorn, hay, pasture, cover crops; cattle and hogs and run an on farm store marketing directly to consumers.
- Nees Farm Early IA David Nees’ family farms 950 crop acres of row crops and alfalfa which have been certified organic for 34 years. Ron is known for his great weed control, his ability to creatively use modern equipment efficiently in an organic operation, and for his decades long focus on developing healthy soils.
- Rolling Acres Farm Atlantic IA Denise O’Brien and Larry Harris have been involved with organic production and cultivating local food since 1976. They raise every vegetable from Asia greens to zucchini, as well fruits, herbs, flowers, and poultry marketed through their CSA. In 2014, they added a moveable high tunnel.
- FARMALL-Land USA Avoca IA 26,500 square foot museum featuring 150 IH full-size, pedal, and toy tractors, artist’s prints, and other memorabilia.
Registration: Includes transportation, lodging*, most meals, and museum admission.
– $100 for non-member, includes a KFU membership. Additional attendees qualify for Member rate below.
– $50 for KFU members
* Based on double occupancy; for single room add $40
Bus departs from Topeka at 8:00 AM on Monday, July 16. Location will be provided after registration.
Get tickets by selecting an option below or by downloading the Mail-In Form
Online ticket payment is through PayPal. PayPal account not needed to use this option.
You can use a VISA or Mastercard without a PayPal account.
To pay by check, please download the mail-in registration form.