PRODUCE SAFETY ALLIANCE GROWER TRAINING: Colby
February 18, 2020 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm CST
Colby Community College, Student Union, Multipurpose Room, 1255 South Range Ave, Colby, KS 67701
Who Should Attend:
Fruit & vegetable growers and others interested in learning about produce safety, the Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) Produce Safety Rule, Good Agricultural Practices (GAPs), and co-management of natural resources and food safety.
The PSA Grower Training Course is one way to satisfy the FSMA Produce Safety Rule requirement outlined in §112.22(c).
Participants will learn about produce safety practices and key parts of the FSMA Produce Safety Rule as outlined within each of seven modules. There will be time for questions so participants should come prepared to share experiences during discussions in each of these areas:
- Introduction to Produce Safety
- Worker Health, Hygiene, and Training
- Soil Amendments
- Wildlife, Domesticated Animals, and Land Use
- Agricultural Water (Production and Postharvest)
- Postharvest Handling and Sanitation
- How to Develop a Farm Food Safety Plan
Registration: Register online
Cost is $20/person which includes lunch and free post-workshop water testing.