Making Your Farm Work for You with Chris Blanchard
January 24, 2016 - January 26, 2016
Your farm should work for you, in addition to you working for your farm – and that requires you to take care of your vegetables and your business, as well as your life. In this engaging two-day short-course, learn how to increase your farm income, monitor farm performance, improve control over your time, respond to unexpected changes, and increase your capacity to maintain and reinvest in your farm operation. Consultant, educator, and veteran farmer Chris Blanchard draws on 25 years of farming experience around the country to help you understand, engage, and control the factors that lead to an economically sustainable farm.
Chris Blanchard’s short-course will help you:
- Evaluate financial decisions such as equipment investments and operational changes.
- Improve engagement with employees, family, and your farm.
- Monitor finances to evaluate business performance (and impress your banker).
- Maintain your values in the face of business pressure.
- Respond effectively to unexpected changes in weather, staffing, and the marketplace.
- Take a systematic approach to create predictable processes and results.
- Apply sound decision-making to expanding your business.
- Grow your business with or without expanding your acreage.
- Find and evaluate markets, and communicate with buyers.
- Improve basic production practices to increase yields and drive down costs.
Early Bird Registration (Nov. 1 – Nov. 30): $60
Local Conference Discount* Registration (Dec. 1 – Dec. 31): $75
Full Price Registration (Dec. 1 – Jan. 23): $100
All registrations include two breakfasts, two lunches and snacks.
*This is the “I’ve already paid for going to the Great Plains Growers Conferece or the MO Organic Association Conference” and I’m going to be the World’s Best Farmer after all this education!” discount.