Local and Regional Food System Resilience Town Hall
August 27, 2020 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm CDT
Join the Kansas Rural Center on Zoom Thursday, August 27 from 7 pm to 8:30 pm
- Welcome provided by KRC
- 2020 Election updates and reminders provided by League of Women Voters
- Panel Discussion moderated by Gabe Spurgeon, South Baldwin Farms and president of Kansas Specialty Crop Growers Association
- Panelists: Donn Teske, Farmer and President of the Kansas Farmers Union in Wheaton
- Donna Pearson McClish, Common Ground Producers and Growers in Wichita
- Mark Gawron, Cultivate KC, in Kansas City
- Chris Sramek, High Plains Food Coop in Rawlins County
- Q&A and open discussion
Registration is required to receive the meeting link. Follow the link above to register or visit: https://kansasruralcenter.org/
The Town Hall will offer the opportunity to share information and dialogue on the unique challenges or opportunities farms and communities face, within the context of an election year and the new realities of responding to the COVID-19 pandemic.
If you have other questions or want to register, contact Ryan Goertzen-Regier at ryangr@kansasruralcenter.
org or call 866-579-5469.