Hands On Mushroom Cultivation Workshop
April 2, 2016 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm CDT
Discover easy, low-cost methods for growing delicious gourmet mushrooms such as shiitake, wine cap, and oyster. Learn how to inoculate logs and wood chip beds so that you can harvest and sell your own mushrooms year after year!
- Growing oyster mushrooms on straw and sawdust
- Inoculating shiitake mushroom logs (hands-on)
- Growing winecap mushrooms in woodchips or straw mulch
- Log selection and harvest
Each participant will receive:
- Oyster Mushroom Production Bag
- Inoculated Shiitake Log
Cost of the workshop is $25
Workshop offered in Hutchinson on Friday, April 1 and in Olsburg, KS on Saturday April 2. See website link for details and registration form.